Travels of a Generic Christian

A Christian shares the joy of his walk with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The One and Only Gospel

Nothing I have said or will ever say is more important than this:

Here is the Gospel: Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the blood requirement for our sins. We receive the righteousness of Christ imputed to our accounts as a free gift when we believe in Him as our Savior and Lord; we therefore stand righteous before the Father and share in the eternal life of the Son. This is salvation by grace through faith.

Here is what the Gospel is NOT: By the grace of God, the death of Jesus on the cross provides a means for us to live a sanctified life of righteousness which will be the basis by which we will be judged as saved or lost.

The latter is a damn lie. No ifs, ands, or buts about it—these two “gospels” are mutually exclusive. If you grasp the latter explanation in irreconcilable natural exclusion to the former, you will not inherit eternal life.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so true! The more I study the more I find that it is all about "believing", not "doing". Hebrews 4 is very clear that even though the Children of Israel had the 10 Commandments, including the 7th day Sabbath, that they did NOT enter God's rest -- because of their unbelief.

A verse we all have learned, but don't seem to have given much thought to says,
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 (KJV)

The more I study the Bible, the more I find that the Gospel of Ellen White, and the Gospel of Christ, are mutually exclusive.

Gilbert Jorgensen

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad, great site! And I totally agree.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 says it simply and purely -  

"1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,"

And Paul followed that up with this -

Galatians 1:8-9

8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!"

The gospel is so simple and yet SO HUGE!

God bless you and your ministry here.

:) L Bartlett

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Trailady said...

Christless religion is one of the biggest dangers of our time.

Too many feel secure in stone tablets and SDA religious culture, they do not see the depth of their own sinfulness and need for a Savior. This breaks my heart- as I was once in those shoes. Working myself into an early grave and constantly stressing out trying to keep the Law and wondering why there was a VAST emptiness in my soul...

God loves pharisees- He is reaching out to them still and there is hope. I know because I was one and now I am free!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home